Great Lakes Engineering Group, LLC (GLEG) has inspected thousands of bridges throughout Michigan to comply with the Federal Highway Administration Code of Federal Regulations, National Bridge Inspection Standards (NBIS): 650.303. Our clients include many State DOT’s local agencies, private engineering/consulting firms, and railroad companies.
Our inspectors maintain NHI certifications and are fully knowledgeable with NBIS, AASHTO, State DOT, and Element Level Bridge Inspection procedures and requirements. We have also developed in-house guidelines and summary manuals for inspecting structures and have provided bridge inspection training to various state and local agencies. We ensure our client’s specifications are met by providing trained inspectors, technical support, electronic report distribution, and safe and innovative field equipment necessary for each project.
We conduct detailed load analysis of structures and recommend reducing load posting or repairs as necessary. In addition to providing complete hands-on bridge inspection services, we also evaluate each structure and provide both short-term and long-term maintenance and repair recommendations to assist the owner in the bridge asset management.
Our Bridge Inspection Services Include:
- Steel and Pre-stress / Concrete Structures
- Fracture Critical: Non-Redundant Structures
- Pin and Hangar Assemblies
- Paint Removal/Application
- Bridge Paint Warranty
- Detailed Inspections
- Scour Analysis: Level I and Level II
- Stream Bed Cross Sections Survey
- Non-Destructive Testing
- Dye Penetrant Testing
- Mag Particle Testing
- Thermal IR
- Post Construction Bridge Inspections
- Evaluation of Structurally Challenged Bridges
- High Strength Bolt Inspections
- Overhead Sign Truss Inspections
- Load Analysis (Well Versed in AASHTOWare Bridge Design and Rating Software)
- Emergency Repairs