Great Lakes Engineering Group, LLC (GLEG) has designed and prepared construction plans and contract documents at the state, county, and city levels. These designs include both major and minor highway and railway structures and cover a broad spectrum of a bridge design ranging from simple to complex structures.
- Bridge Replacements
- Major and Minor Water Crossings
- Interchange and Grade Separations
- Railway Bridges
- Bridge Rehabilitation and Widening
- Deep and Shallow Concrete Overlays
- Concrete Deck Replacements
- Structural Steel and Concrete Beam Repairs
- Steel Cleaning and Coating
- Temporary Support Systems
- Foundation Underpinning
- Scour Assessments and Countermeasures
Our designers have several years of education and design experience along with knowledge of stat-of-the-art design tools. GLEG utilizes sophisticated bridge design programs such as LEAP CONSPAN pre-stressed concrete beam design software, RISA Finite Analysis software and HEC/RAS Hydraulic Analysis Program. We are well versed in AASHTO Bridge Rating Software to conduct Load Ratings for both new and rehabilitated bridges.
GLEG’s final plans and construction documents reflect our ability to communicate clear and precise design intent while always keeping constructability in mind. This ability comes from our commitment to building the most competent design team possible, providing responsive service, and developing innovative and cost effective design solutions.